Category Archives: Entry

2021 race date changed

Time to make a decision so I have. After a lot of thought, prayers and a discussion with the K2 Leisure Centre Manager, we have decided that 17th of April is too soon after lockdown. So, the race will now take place on Saturday 3rd/Sunday 4th of July. I apologise to anyone who for whatever reason may not be able to take part on that date but the only alternative (to avoid clashing with other big events) was to postpone to April 2022. I really wanted a race this year so there we are, that is what is happening. I will be e mailing all entrants during the coming week. In the meantime I can advise you the options are to take part, withdraw or defer to April 2022. Thank you for your patience in waiting for this announcement. I am sorry I cannot offer refunds as the charity are really in need of a donation to help our needy kids in Uganda.

Latest update

Just to keep you informed about this years race.
Obviously everything is subject to the Covid-19 situation but I have got to proceed assuming the race will go ahead.
UK Athletics require agreement from Crawley Borough Council and K2 that we may put the event on before they will issue the track licence.
I am working on that at the moment, not easy as K2 is of course closed.
The worst scenario is that if we cannot have the race on the 17th/18th of April I will have to make a decision. Do I postpone the race for another 12 months or hold it during the summer of 2021.
I am looking at alternative dates in either June, July or August making sure, of course that I do not clash with the three canal races..

Covid-19 update

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic huge uncertainties have materialised.

As you are all doubt aware many races are still being cancelled or postponed but at this present time it is hoped that our race will be allowed to go ahead.

I have applied to U.K. Athletics for a race licence but it seems I need to get approval from the local authority before this can be issued.

I am at present in the process of doing this and hope that all will be well.

However, based on the recommendations of UKA the Gloucester 24 hour races did go ahead at the end of October with many adjustments to the normal format and reduced numbers. e,g,. no communal aid station, extra toilets and only one crew member allowed per runner. Also, no spectators were allowed. As far as I know there were no issues regarding this event.

Obviously it is impossible to state that our race will go ahead at this moment in time but, rest assured, you will be informed as soon as possible if there are any changes.

In the meantime I suggest you continue to train as usual but take extra care to remain safe and well.

Happy New Year.

 

 

2020 Race Cancelled

Sadly here is the news no one wanted to hear. Common sense must prevail. Whilst the K2 Leisure Centre remains open I think it is only a matter of time before they will be forced to close. So, I have decided in the interests of all concerned, to cancel the race for 2020. I will be writing to every one of you in due course. All being well, if I can get the track booked, the race will be on the weekend 17th/18th of April 2021 so put that date in your diaries.

All races are now full!

I am afraid entries are now closed. If you are on a waiting list and someone withdraws I will notify you and, if  you still want to run, I will arrange for EntryCentral to invite you to enter.

I have sent out emails to all entrants with important race information.

If you have not received this please e mail me immediately:-

pamstorey@tiscali.co.uk

24 hour race full

Thank you to everyone that has entered so far.

The 24 hour race is full and there is already one name on the waiting list.

For the 2019 event 10 runners got places from the waiting list due to withdrawals. You will not be charged for entry unless you get a place so, if you really want to run, then please sign up now.